Wednesday, January 7, 2009

two times the mistake

once upon a long time ago, I was falling in love.

and now, he is no longer in my life.

we don't speak. he doesn't look at me. his wife (yes, wife) glares at me.

it feels like a decade ago, but it was only three years.

and now, perhaps you will call it stupidity, playing with fire, or simply naivety
i am talking with his brother. as in, messaging continually throughout the day.
and i like it.

there i said it.

his younger brother,
who i used to make chocolate chip cookies with
and watched a lot like love with
and flirted with when we first broke up in a bid to make him jealous.

oh let my conscience lead the way
let my common sense be stronger than my stupid-sense.

and let me not walk out with 3rd degree burns to my heart. again.

No comments:

Post a Comment