Monday, February 2, 2009

The Boy Factor

i haven't posted for awhile! sorry b-friends!

i try to be poetic, or funny, but today, i'm just not feeling it. i need to muse and release confusion over boys. i bet one of the most blogged about topics is relationships, or lack there of.

here is my dilemma.

for the past week, NZ Boy and I have been emailing each other. we met while he was touring with his band last year, and have been talking sporadically ever since. he's becoming a humanitarian nurse and he has the biggest heart for africa and people in poverty. we talk about the issues of the world and our dreams for making it a better place. we're totally on par with each other and i love that through our emails, he's getting to know my heart and who i am probably better than a lot of my friends here.

but there's always a complication. Arms (because he has amazing arms) and i have been friends for two years. we go out dancing and have dinner all the time. every one of my friends have had a crush on him at one point or another, but i've always remained firm that we are just friends. and then it hit me at church the other day, i like him. as in, i want him and only him. for ever.

which is great. he's amazing, and HOT! but we're Just Friends. he treats me like a little sister. the guys all think Arms likes me, but have we been under a brick the last 5 years? if he's not calling you constantly, and taking you out, and only dating you....say it with me....He's Just Not That Into You.

Between NZ Boy living in New Zealand and Arms seeing me as Just Friends, i'm a little lost. i had finally decided to be single, happily, for three more years. (which means i'd be 25 and ready to 'settle down'.) there's just so much i want to accomplish.

b-friends, what do you suggest? tell Arms? see if things progress further with NZ Boy? or wait it out. see where the pieces fall?

4 comments:

  1. I would start talking to arms and feeling him out...I have lots of guy friends that we have tried dating and it didnt work out so we just remained friends...give it a shot...by the way you have an award on my page check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! good idea! I'll see him tomorrow and suss it out...i'll keep you posted!

    OMG totally exited about the award! I never get awards! Thank you!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with the Alice. He may just see you as friends because you two continue to treat each other as friends. Men are afraid of commitment only because they fear they will be missing out once committed. Its that do I buy these shoes now or will they be on sale later type feeling.

    You gotta approach him with an open mind if you want to take it to another level, and tell him if it doesn't work out then that's fine but, if you don't try then you'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!!!

    Love the shoe analogy...totally makes sense!

    ReplyDelete